Greetings!

We are the students from the Philippine Science High School, Main Campus. Our objectives are plain and simple, to open each and everyone's eyes to the deteriorating condition of the water bodies surrounding us, and to introduce choices to all of you, so that you would know where to start, and how to act simply, but efficiently, on this mounting crisis we are now facing.

Expect many readings and posts on this website that will help you understand what we are trying to tell, videos that will guide you, and pictures that will let you visualize. But most of all, expect our outmost and sincere determination in helping you realize what you can do as a single individual of the world to help fight our worries. You'll have choices, you have a choice, and together, we will choose to help save our water!


Thursday, January 22, 2009

Free H2O


Every meal is important and so is water. Remember hearing to drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday?

One day while eating lunch with my best friend in the school cafeteria, I heartily ate my dessert. We were on our way to class, when I remember I forgot to buy at least a drink. He hurried fast to fetch me a bottle of water. I thought he'd get me to drink a bottle of iced tea or something with lots of sugar.

The water went down my throat and all. It was cold, but refreshing. I always love to eat sweets and I was always reminded to drink a lot of water. To be honest, I think that I'm not able to satisfy my system with at least 8 glasses of water and I am always dehydrated too. It's not that I don't want water or neither I don't like its taste, it's just that I don't even remember to drink or maybe I wanted to drink something with flavor too.

Too long for reminiscing, but there is really that one thing that struck me as I drank it. I now realize even more the importance of water. It was the first time I felt that thirst, not realizing it earlier, but early enough. I needed lots of fluids after all, especially water.

And yeah... water? I remember having my classmates some water issues from school. I even refrained drinking from the water station or drinking fountain in my primary years. I often had a water jug, but I always had half-filled brought back home and mom scolding me for not drinking water. Maybe the fountain gave me trauma to drink water, but what trauma is more installed for people who can't drink water at all, because they don't have water or are terribly ill to intake water from mouth.

Don't worry the jug with half-filled water, I just used it to water the plants so as not to waste the content. I do pant and sweat, and it makes me think that I need more water for this.

I remember hearing a doctor from a radio program say that to be able to suffice the water needs, one must a least drink a glass of water every two hours in his day time. Water is important in the body. Body is also composed of water mostly. Water is used for excretion, nutrients and blood contents. Water gives life and calm to tension. Water quenches thirst.

If you are to go to a restaurant, I think that water is the cheapest drink on the menu. Drinking water is selling. Each drive stop, mini-groceries or shops have water as a consumer's product. Nowadays, water is sold in almost every shop and no more drinking water is for free. Take note also what type of drinking water, isotonic? Alkaline? Distilled, purified? Mineral? Or just simply bottled?!? Recycle those bottles so as no to pollute any land and water areas too.

But is there still free H2O nowadays? I meant the drinking water?

Free H2O could be more possible, maybe if there was abundant source of drinking water and no drops wasted, protected, saved and cleaned.

Free H2O??? Aquamergency!

No comments:

Post a Comment